You are currently browsing all posts tagged with 'pukipuki'.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 entries.

set back and regroup

  • Posted on May 23, 2014 at 8:02 am

my supposedly preshrunk mercerized cotton shrunk just enough after dyeing that now the cap is too small. i stretched it as much as possible and it still goes round her head but you can see that it is now too short. 🙁 i have ordered more yarn in the right color, since the reason i dyed this in the first place is that i can only get white locally. i will probably put a white lacy trim on the too small caps for her to wear when she just doesn’t feel like bothering with hair, so it won’t be a total loss, but still….

in the meantime, i wound off a small skein of yarn and dyed it with coffee again. as soon as it finishes drying i will make another cap (or 2)

ruby looks as disgruntled as i am. mercerized cotton is NOT supposed to shrink. that is one of the reasons i used it instead of one of the dozens of other fine yarns i have lying around.

building the perfect wig step 2

  • Posted on May 22, 2014 at 8:25 am

the next step is to coffee dye the wig caps so they arent so blinding white. this will hopefully help them blend in a bit better with the hair and scalp

much better
more beige than pink, but without actually dyeing them this is about as close as i will get i think. now they just have to dry, and hopefully won’t lighten up too much as they do!

building the perfect wig step 1

  • Posted on May 21, 2014 at 4:37 pm

today i am trying to design the “perfect fit” wig for my pukipuki. step one is designing a wig cap the fits perfectly and doesn’t pop off right away. this involved a lot of stitching, frogging and re-stitching till i finally got the shape exactly the way i wanted.

it also involves fine crochet cotton, a very small hook and a tiny safety pin for a moveable stitch marker

i couldn’t figure out how to do a video and get it in focus but the cap stays on even if i shake her. (don’t worry no dollies were harmed during the shaking, and ruby was happy to help with the demonstration) hopefully that will still hold true once i add the hair and it gets heavier, but for now i am quite pleased with the fit!

eiderdown/quilt swap

  • Posted on June 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm

eiderdown swap

i joined a swap for bedding for realpukis/ pukipukis.  my partner liked purple and teddies.  it was fun to do ’cause i love purple and teddies too, so i had lots of fabric that worked.  she sent me the dimensions she wanted and here is what i made.  i think it came out rather well.


here is a picture she took of her cute zoey with her new quilt


i think she looks rather sweet don’t you?


swap dress

  • Posted on June 4, 2011 at 3:04 pm

frock swap

now that my swap partner has received her dress and i won’t be spoiling the surprise i can post a picture of a tiny crocheted dress ensemble that i made.  it is crocheted with fine soysilk thread on a 1mm hook.  then dyed with blue and green koolaid.  the darker blue on the flowers was painted on with a fabric dye pen. the ribbon was undyed silk that i dyed blue at the same time.   i forgot to put anything in for size comparison, but she says it fits her 11.2cm/4.4″ pukipuki.  it was supposed to be for a 9.7cm realpuki, but i was working off measurements instead of an actual model and i miscalculated.  lucky for me she had both sizes and was gracious about my mistake.