glamour challenge: the bodice

  • Posted on February 18, 2012 at 12:27 am

i finally got a chance to sew the bodice together from my “art quilted” silk. i have to find time to work on this or the challenge will be over before i’m done. so today i put it together and tried it on ember for final fittings. it’s hard to see in the photo, but the bust is a little big, and needs to be pulled in. the tiniest change in cutting out the pieces shows up when sewing this small, as does changes in the fabric. it will look better after a good press, but i want to fix the bust first. i also need to be careful not to stretch out the top edge which has nothing to hold it in place yet.
bodice fitting 1

here is the bust line fixed. the underarm seam looks a bit high, but that should be right once the lining is attached. the extra height is just my seam allowance. my “quilting” lines are showing up nicely on the bodice now. i don’t know if its the angle or the light that makes the difference, but i’m very pleased with the result.
bodice fitting 4

i also have to somehow fix her posing. she was pretty “kicky” today, i’m almost sorry i switched her from a cutie bust to a small bust. her old body posed better, but wouldn’t really suit an evening gown, she just looked too young to me. however she is going to be hard to pose in the requisite “glamour” shot if i don’t figure something out.

1 Comment on glamour challenge: the bodice

  1. bearpicnic says:

    She looks beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. What a great way to use the fabric you designed! Best wishes, bearpicnic

Leave a Reply